Brings Portable Fort, New Cosmetics & Limited Time Event
A new version of Fortnite is now available, bringing a portable fort for you to build and have the best advantage over your enemies, the newly revamped replay system with which you can create your own spotlights, new cosmetics, and a brand new limited-time event. Fortnite v3.5 update is one of the biggest we’ve seen lately making meaningful changes to its battle royale mode.
Update 3.5 introduces a new type of consumable, the Port-A-Fort, which is basically a portable fort which you can pop up in seconds and fortify yourself in time of need. Like all additions to Fortnite Battle Royale, Port-A-Fort will bring brand new mechanics to the game.
Another addition in Fortnite V3.5 Update is the new 50v50 limited time event. Two teams of approximately 50 people will have to fight each other for their team’s glory. Take a look at the event’s patch notes:
Two teams of 50 fight to the finish!
- Due to this being a “large squad” mode, Profile Stats will not be tracked. Daily & Weekly challenges will still work, with the exception of the Squad-based challenges (‘Place Top 6 in Squads’, etc.).
Storm & Map
- Each team has a bus, approaching the island from opposite directions. On the map, the friendly bus has a blue outline, the enemy has red.
- Final storm circle visible on the minimap at the start.
- Players have 10 minutes to loot the map as the storm closes in on the circle, then 5 minutes to fight, and another 5 minutes as the storm shrinks to the end.
- Supply drops come in batches of 3-6, fall every two minutes, and the only land in the final storm circle.
- Added a dotted line to map, which indicates the “battle lines” between the two teams. Crossing the line will make running into enemies more likely.
- Farming resources increased 75% over the default.
- Increased floor loot spawn likelihood by 15%.
- Floor Loot spawns double ammo.
- Ammo boxes spawn triple ammo.
- Chests spawn double ammo & consumables.
- Supply drops spawn double ammo, and an extra consumable, resource drop and trap.
Bug Fixes + Mode Improvements
- Fixed a bug that created uneven teams where one side could have more than 50 players.
- Downed players lose health more quickly than normal (10 health per tick).